Collaboration with industry
Here is a partial list of companies both large and small that have partnered wtih ISR during our history.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, Inc.
Aerospace Engineering & Research Associates
America Online, Inc.
APEX/ECLIPSE Systems, Inc.
Automated Precision Inc.
BBN Technologies, Inc.
Black & Decker
E.I. DuPont de Nemours Company
Federal Express Corporation
Honda Research and Development
Hughes Network Systems
IBM - Rational Software Corporation
Instituto Trentino di Cultura (ITC)
Lockheed Martin Corp.
Metron Aviation, Inc.
Network Associates, Inc.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Southwest Research Institute
W.R. Grace & Co.
Here are a few examples of what can be accomplished when you team with ISR researchers.
- Hughes Network Systems DirecPC and DirecWay fast broadband internet over satellite protocols
- Toshiba Data mining algorithms improve manufacturing process performance and efficiency; supply chain management algorithms reduce inventory costs and due date violations.
- Northrop Grumman GaN process sensing, simulation, optimization produce advantage in high-power, high-frequency electronic materials.
- Resensys Wireless sensors monitor bridge structural integrity.
- SmartMoney.com Treemaps—compact graphical displays show hierarchical data at a glance.
- Pharmaceutical industry Spotfire multidimensional data visualization displays for drug discovery.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control; Montgomery County Md. government Clinic Planning Model Generator helps public health officials design more efficient emergency dispensing clinics.
- OnmiSpeech Speech extraction technology improves cellular and other communications.
- AEM Design Licenser of CONSOL & FSQP, source code tools for feasible sequential quadratic programming of constrained nonlinear optimization.
- United Technologies Aircraft engine nonlinear active stall control improved safety and enlarged operating envelope.
- Intelligent Automation, Inc. MDLe robotic motion control language in products, services.
- Qualcomm/Flarion Signal processing algorithms led to advances in modem technology, wireless networks, mobile devices.