Clark School Home UMD

ISR News Story

Small Fire in J. M. Patterson Injures No One

UPDATE: as of noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, J.M. Patterson has been re-opened.

A small electrical fire occurred in a lab in the J.M. Patterson building on Monday, January 16. No one was injured.

The fire started in the Lab for Advanced Materials Processing on the second floor of the building, apparently when a fan malfunctioned. The sprinkler system controlled the fire until emergency responders arrived. Officials are still determining how much damage there is. The building remains closed at this time while cleanup continues.

 

January 17, 2012


Prev   Next

 

 

Current Headlines

Tsiropoulou to join University of New Mexico faculty

Qu Gives Keynote at WOCC 2017

Wood filter removes toxic dye from water

Prof. Alireza Khaligh to receive Outstanding Young Alumnus Award from Illinois Tech

Simon is co-editor of new Springer auditory research book

New Class Inducted into Order of the Engineer

Northrop Grumman renews as an ISR associate partner for third consecutive year

Students of Khaligh, Wu win China Scholarship Council awards

ECE Graduate Student Team, led by Prof. Khaligh, Wins 3rd place in the Allegheny Region Cleantech University Prize (CUP) Collegiate Competition 

Paley, Abshire, Martins promoted to full Professor by UMD President Wallace Loh

News Resources

Return to Newsroom

Search News

Archived News

Events Resources

Events Calendar