A history of the National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center program
- The electronic book Agents of Change: NSF’s Engineering Research Centers was written in 2020 by retired NSF ERC Program Leader Lynn Preston and longtime collaborator Courtland Lewis
A selection of reports ISR has made to the National Science Foundation
- 1998 Summary Statement of Value Added to Industry and the Nation, a concise overview of ISR's philosophy and work at the time.
- 1998 Engineering Research Center graduation final report
- 1997 Annual Report
- 1996 Annual Report
A selection of reports ISR has made to other entities
- 2015 ISR Review Report, submitted to the Provost of the University of Maryland. Exhaustive report covers ISR's history to date.
- 2010 Graduated NSF Engineering Research Center Summative Review Site Visit Report, prepared for ISR's 25th anniversary, covers research and strategy over the life of the Institute.
Other documents and histories
Remembering Carlos A. Berenstein (1944–2019), a remembrance of the life and work of Professor Carlos Berenstein (Math/ISR) by Mark Agranovsky, John Baras, Der-Chen Chang, Roger Gay, Peter Kuchment, Bao Qin Li, Domenico Napoletani, Irene Sabadini, Ahmed Sebbar, Daniele C. Struppa, and Alain Yger.