Baras appointed to IEEE Systems CouncilProfessor John Baras (ECE/ISR) has been appointed to the IEEE-wide Systems Council. Baras will be representing the IEEE Control Systems Society (IEEE CSS) on the Council.
The Systems Council advances and coordinates IEEE work carried out in system design, development and management, and as such is scientific, literary and educational in character. It expands and integrates IEEE's role within multiple disciplines and specialty areas related to systems.
The Systems Council covers, but is not limited to:
• Systems engineering, education, standards, processes and methodologies
• Modeling, simulation and integration related to design, testing, production and support
• Design aspects for robust design, human factors, safety, security and usability
• Transition of products from design to production, deployment and use
• Quality control and system management
• Program/product/project management interactions
• Risk management
• Systems architecture
“I am happy and excited to serve the Control Systems Society and IEEE in this capacity, as I consider the engineering of complex systems the next frontier in engineering research and education,” Baras said.
Published August 13, 2009